Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

FOOD STUFF .... DEEP FRIED OKOY 4/3/14




Okoy or Ukoy is a Philippine food ,
where the corn starch batter is deep fried .
The batter will have bean sprouts, shredded pumpkin and very small shrimps, shells and all. It is commonly dipped in a combination of vinegar , garlic & chilli.
 Link: http://www.pinoycookingrecipes.com/ukoy--okoy.html


        

This is my version of this Okoy recipe since
the only  available ingredient are as follows.
I have bean sprouts, carrots ( I grated my carrots)  ,
Kinchay (Cilantro/Chinese Parsley)
and Crab sticks. 

For my batter, I will use glutinous rice flour,
eggs & water for adjusting consistency .

I just mixed it together and  with the batter added salt to taste. You can always add any spice or seasoning if you like .  Then deep fry it  like patties.  This really tastes good when served crunchy.

Maybe later on, I can also adjust the consistency of my batter to make them ball shaped . Deep fried , bite-size crab stick balls sounds good also. I will try to do that in the future cooking of mine.




Related Link on Kinchay :

http://www.maribehlla.com/vegetables/kinchay/



No comments: