Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

FOOD STUFF ..... DESSERT with coconut milk







 To have something different for my sweet tooth, I tried this Philippine afternoon"merienda" dessert called  "Ginataang Halo-halo."  But I only have  simple ingredients.

I'm not much of a cook but I can put together this simple dish, if I just have some fresh ingredients available . I can add additional yummy fruits in it if I want more flavors. 
Why not?  I believe anyone has the right to be creative. You just have to trust your taste buds.

 These are the Ingredients I got and cooked them together after I chopped them in  small bite size pieces . 
 > Sweet potatoes ( both orange and violet variety tubers  )
 > Bananas
 >  Glutinous Rice flour 
 >  White Sugar

As for the sticky rice ball made from glutinous rice  I just mixed water with the 
 glutinous rice and rolled it into balls. 

I would have liked to add Jackfruit
and some tapioca pearls ( sago ) 
but these are the only ones I can get . 
With these I was able serve this 
afternoon dessert to my family.
 I did not have complaints on my cooking
 and they just finished it off. 
I'm glad.









tapioca pearls
tapioca pearls

No comments: