Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

FOOD STUFF ... "PALITAW" DESSERT WITH GRATED COCONUT 4/13/14


  "PALITAW" is an easily prepared dessert if you have glutinous rice on hand.
If you want something fresh from the market, you should know a place where they grind
Rice grains while you wait. You can also have the store vendor to grate some freshly opened coconut
while you are at it. Fresh is always the best in cooking.

But for some people like me, we usually have less time to visit the fresh market and depends on what is available at the nearby supermarket . So for my cooking today, here are the ingredients at hand:

  • Pack of Glutinous Rice ( Malagkit or Sticky Rice flour)
  • Grated Coconut 
  • Sesame seeds
  • Sugar   
The first thing I will do is mix my glutinous rice flour with water until it
 gains the consistency of
a dough, for easy molding into balls.

The balls will be just right for flattening into  oblong-shaped patties before placing it in boiling water. Eventually, the patties will rise and it is now ready to be coated with grated coconut.

Before I forget, I need to heat my sesame seeds in a frying pan until golden brown  and mix it with sugar, to sprinkle
my dessert. Of course you can sprinkle all you want if you have a very sweet tooth.

Let's now enjoy this dessert!

Here are some Links for you :


http://panlasangpinoy.com/2010/01/24/flat-rice-cake-palitaw-recipe/ 


http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=84

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut.html



No comments: